I have some super talented photographer friends all around the country (and some around the world). Over the next few weeks, I am going to feature them and their fabulous work.
This week you get to meet the fabulous Kate Craft from www.katecraftphotography.com. Kate is from Northern Wisconsin and specializes in children and families.
About the image…
1. Why do you love this image? The first one is just so fun to me I really enjoy capturing kids as they are. The second one was from my favorite session of 2010. I had envisioned this shot for awhile and it all came together perfectly, the light, the subject, the surroundings my vision came to be and I love those moments too.
2. What were your settings with this image? 1/500 1.8 iso 400 and 1/750 2.8 iso 800 both were shot with my 50mm lens.
3. What do you love about Photography? A lot! I love being able to capture a special moment in time… I love the challenge of catching that image that is “just you”, that sweet smile, belly laugh, or mischievous smirk. I love that I get to meet new people and connect with old friends too. I love knowing that I am producing something that a family will cherish.
4. What type of Photography do you specialize in and why? I do mostly children and family at this point. I think because I have young children and understand how fast they are growing and changing everyday. These moments are priceless. I am making the move into seniors market this spring. I have a few senior sessions under my belt and they have been so fun I love the clothes, the personalities, and mostly getting to be a small part of such a big accomplishment in their lives.
About your life?
5. What are your favorite hobbies and pastimes? Well photography. I am a music junkie although I never learned how to play anything
6. Who or what inspires you? Who or what doesn’t would be an easier question for me. I find true inspiration in passion, people who are passionate about what they do light a fire in me.
7. Who are some of your favorite singers/bands? Dave Matthews band, kings of Leon, Weezer, Willie Nelson, Sublime, U2, Paolo Nutini, Pink, Matt Costa, Mason Jennings, Kate Nash, Johnny Lang, Jack Johnson, Hole …this list may go on forever so I will stop. LOL
8. What is your favorite movie of all time? That is a tough one I would say either True Romance or the Crow
9. What would your ideal day be like? I would get to sleep in wake up to an ice cold Mt dew with out that feeling of this is a BADDDDDDD breakfast. Then have a fun shoot where all the planning comes together perfectly. Perfect weather, perfect clothing choice, feeling inspired while shooting….. Then a great lunch at a delicious restaurant where my children are well behaved and I actually get to eat said meal LOL. Either a beach or movie kinda of afternoon with the family. And an easy bedtime with the kids. Follow that up with a bubble bath and a back massage and you have a perfect day:)
10. If you weren’t a photographer, what other profession would you like to pursue? I have no idea hahahaha
You can see more of Kate’s beautiful work here…
Next week, I’ll be featuring Jen Snyder of Jen Synder Photography in beautiful Hartford County, Maryland.